Dearest Ridgewood Family!
First, let me say that I love you, and I miss you more than you will ever realize! Making the decision in March to sacrifice our on-campus meetings was by far one of the hardest decisions that I’ve ever been a part of. However, we have watched as God has blessed us with a large broadcast ministry that continues to reach hundreds each week! He has also blessed us as Tithes have continued to be mailed in each week, and we have been instrumental in providing hundreds of masks to those serving on the front lines of this pandemic, all over the United States. And for those things and many more, I am eternally grateful!
Since our quarantine began, I have been praying and seeking God’s face for wisdom and guidance as I knew that one day soon, we would gather again together to worship our loving God, study His Word, and to fellowship with one another on the Ridgewood Campus. I have been in contact with our deacons during this time, and we have prayed and processed many ways and strategies as to how to accomplish this task. Then on this past Monday, Governor Hutchinson released his latest guidelines for places of worship during this Phase #1 of reentry. Last evening, the deacons and myself met to finalize our strategy for our immediate future. It is after much prayer and processing that we have one thing to say to our Ridgewood Family:
IT’S TIME TO COME HOME!!!
Until further notice, the deacons and I are in complete agreement that this is the direction we feel is best for our Ridgewood Family:
Sunday Morning: Drive In / Outdoor Church on our back parking lot…BEGINNING SUNDAY, MAY 17th.
- This would look similar to our original Drive-In Church model.
- We will also broadcast our service on Facebook LIVE.
- We will have a trailer beside our Storage Building that will serve as our stage.
- Vehicles will be parked as before, but we will do our best to park 6’ a part.
- Anyone that would choose to, can stay in their vehicle.
- Or, if a family so chooses, they can bring lawn chairs and sit as a family unit by their vehicle.
- We want to reserve the closest parking spots for families with children.
- Bring your favorite coffee, tea and snacks, and enjoy worship!
- We are STRONGLY ENCOURAGING NO PHYSICAL CONTACT.
- Please refrain from going up to other vehicles.
- If you have had recent fever, symptoms or contact with a COVID-19 positive patient, please stay home and watch our Facebook Broadcast.
- If you do not feel safe at this time to get out, we completely understand! Please watch our online broadcast.
- As you exit after the service, please drive under our canopy’s to drop your tithes and offerings in our Contribution Tubs.
- In the event of potential inclement weather, we will broadcast on Facebook LIVE only.
Wednesday Nights: Facebook LIVE broadcast ONLY.
- We will continue with our Tuesday night ZOOM Sunday School, led by Bro. Larry Jones. Everyone is invited to join! ZOOM Invitations are posted on Facebook at 6:50pm with ZOOM Sunday School beginning at 7:00pm.
- We are currently exploring additional opportunities for online engagement for Sunday School.
All activities inside our church complex are cancelled until further notice.
Please know that our decisions were made to make sure that:
- The spread of the Gospel remains unhindered.
- This safety of our church family is our priority.
- We remain a safe example and opportunity of worship to our community.
Ridgewood, I am beyond ready to begin this journey with you. As was the children of Israel in the Book of Exodus, we are now on the move. The Promised Land is in sight. Let’s stay focused! It won’t be long!
Much Love To You!